Wednesday 13 June 2012

7 Things I Learned From My Internship

During my time at the University of Ghana's Balme Library in Accra, Ghana, there are 7 things I can successfully add to my résumé:

1.      I submitted thesis submissions to Balme Library’s DSpace Collection.
2.     How to scan unbound documents using Inotec’s automatic Scamax M06 Digital Scanner.
3.     How to create a workflow document for scanner use.
4.     I helped contribute to both the Digitization Workflow Policy and the Institutional Repository Policy for the Balme Library, both of which were in draft form.   
5.     How to scan a book using the Atiz BookDrive Pro and BookDrive Mini scanners.  Post-processing of images using BookDrive Editor Pro software.
6.     How to scan microfilm and microfiche materials using the Mekel M200X scanner.  Post-processing of images using Image Mate for Presentation. 
7.     How to scan books using the Kirtas Kabis II automatic scanner.  Post-processing of images using Kirtas’ Book Scan Editor Software. 

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad that you finally had some of the experiences you thought you would--& some that you didn't (that gecko!).

    See you very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great! Congrats Stacy. I WOULD LOVE TO GET MORE INFORMATION FROM U ON WHICH SCANNER I SHOULD PURCHASE FOR USE. U CAN MAIL ME HERE: abjsucceed@gmail.com
    Thank You!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i just read all your posts here.(cant remeber how i found your blog) im glad you had a wonderful time here. i work at the university too but in a different department

    ReplyDelete